Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Headers with Field calling StyleRef Heading

Well, I can certainly refer you to several threads with the same problem and
no solution! I've found those. (One example is
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...33ec52538cfbac)

But I could have sworn someone had come up with a solution. FWIW, you might
try posting in microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs, to which I am
cross-posting this.

"Tufts ChBE Grad Student"
wrote in message ...
Thank you for the post. I have tried searching Google with no avail. Did
you see the solution here?

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In the past I think someone has provided either a field or a macro

solution
to this issue; perhaps you can find those posts with Google.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Tufts ChBE Grad Student" Tufts ChBE Grad
wrote in message
I am writing a dissertation and seen some very nice page layouts with
1) No header on the first page of the chapter
2) Chapter title on the even pages
3) Section title on the odd pages

From the MVPS websites online, thank you very much, I have learned

about
Different First Page
Different Odd and Even

In the the thesis I saw, the author just used Heading 2 and it worked

for
his thesis. In my case some of my sections with Heading 2 are long

with
several subsections Heading 3.

Is it possible to set the headers so that it picks the nearest of

either
Heading 2 or 3? I have my odd page header set to Heading 3.

Unfortunately
first page I use Heading 3 on is page 6. Any suggestions would be

greatly
appreciated.

Again, thank you very much MVPS for the time you spent on setting up

your
websites.

Relevant Technical Information
Windows XP Professional
Microsoft Office 2003 Professional

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tufts ChBE Grad Student[_2_] Tufts ChBE Grad Student[_2_] is offline

Thank you for your answer. Obviously, effective search terms are cruicial
when using Google. I have subscribed to the user group you suggested. I
will carefully read the post you have given me and check through the posts in
that user group.

wrote in message
I am writing a dissertation and seen some very nice page layouts with
1) No header on the first page of the chapter
2) Chapter title on the even pages
3) Section title on the odd pages

From the MVPS websites online, thank you very much, I have learned

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Maybe you're thinking of
http://groups.google.com.au/group/mi...edec3265f57b71
..

To the OP with no avail: Read all the way through... there is a second
version of the field towards the bottom.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Well, I can certainly refer you to several threads with the same problem and
no solution! I've found those. (One example is
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...33ec52538cfbac)

But I could have sworn someone had come up with a solution. FWIW, you might
try posting in microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs, to which I am
cross-posting this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs,microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Great! Thanks for that one g-n-o. Next time I'll remember to search for
"breadcrumbs"! g

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

.