Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
June

Default Temp files Won't Go Away

This is the weirdest problem yet...I have dozens of tmp
files in My Documents and I can't get rid of them. It
all started when I tried to burn a long document onto a
CD. It didn't work, but it caused about 12 of these
files to be created (they have a little Notepad or
Wordpad icon, an "S" squiggle lying on its side and names
such as WRL3155 tmp. While working on a document, the
screen told me I was out of disk space and to clear some
files. When I looked, there were 30 of them! Like
rabbits. So I deleted them all.

But just now, I was working on the same document
(actually a new version of it) and the same warning came
up on the screen and all those files are back! How can
that be? I I cn't delete them because the scxreen says
they are in use! Worse, the computer couldn't save my
changes to my document because there was no disk space.

Please, what can I do? Thank you.