Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Learner Learner is offline

Default Need help with MS word 2003 - How do I delete an empty page?

Hi,

I was updating my resume and reduced 6 page resume to 5 resume. I
thought that when I reduced it to 5 page the 6 page would
automatically get deleted but it didn't! Can some one help me how do I
delete the empty page which looks odd when I keep it like that.

Thanks,

-L
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If your last page goes down to the very bottom, you probably have an
empty paragraph or several after it. Turn on Show Non-Printing
Characters (with the paragraph-sign button on the toolbar), or Tools
Options View Paragraph Marks, and then delete all the paragraph

marks after your last item, except the very last one.

On Apr 28, 12:12*pm, Learner wrote:
Hi,

* *I was updating my resume and reduced 6 page resume to 5 resume. I
thought that when I reduced it to 5 page the 6 page would
automatically get deleted but it didn't! Can some one help me how do I
delete the empty page which looks odd when I keep it like that.

Thanks,

-L

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

It could be that you have "empty" paragraphs or a page break left at the end
of your document.
Show the Non-printing characters by either Ctrl+Shft+8 or pressing the
Show/Hide icon on the standard toolbar, this will display what is at the end
of your document that is forcing page 6.
Come back if this does not solve your problem.
DeanH

"Learner" wrote:

Hi,

I was updating my resume and reduced 6 page resume to 5 resume. I
thought that when I reduced it to 5 page the 6 page would
automatically get deleted but it didn't! Can some one help me how do I
delete the empty page which looks odd when I keep it like that.

Thanks,

-L

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/BlankPage.htm

"Learner" wrote in message
Hi,

I was updating my resume and reduced 6 page resume to 5 resume. I
thought that when I reduced it to 5 page the 6 page would
automatically get deleted but it didn't! Can some one help me how do I
delete the empty page which looks odd when I keep it like that.

Thanks,

-L

In Word 2003 when mail merge how do I delete an empty field? connie Mailmerge 3 July 23rd 07 05:25 PM
How to delete empty page after table jknapp1005 Tables 1 August 17th 06 11:29 PM
auto delete row if empty Alicia Tables 1 October 18th 05 11:20 PM
delete empty document in word terstecats Mailmerge 1 August 4th 05 10:18 PM
How does one delete an empty page at the end of a Word document? . jhltampa Microsoft Word Help 2 January 9th 05 06:50 PM