Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BPace BPace is offline

Default insert a variable length List

I have a database in Excel. I want to insert a list of names that meet the
criteria of a query which changes based on the date. This is to be inserted
into a column but I want to limit the height of the list by wrapping it
within the column.

For example
------------------- Full Column Width -------------
Name 1 Name 4 Name 7
Name 2 Name 5 Name 8
Name 3 Name 6

etc...

Is this possible? Using Word 2003, Windows XP

Thanks,

Bill Pace
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QlBhY2U=?=,

I have a database in Excel. I want to insert a list of names that meet the
criteria of a query which changes based on the date. This is to be inserted
into a column but I want to limit the height of the list by wrapping it
within the column.

For example
------------------- Full Column Width -------------
Name 1 Name 4 Name 7
Name 2 Name 5 Name 8
Name 3 Name 6

etc...

Is this possible? Using Word 2003, Windows XP

I'm not following all the steps involved, here. How is the list being brought
from Excel into Word (steps, as well as whether you're linking)?

Does it matter in what format the information is in Word, as long as it's in
columns? Or is this supposed to be part of another table or something?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BPace BPace is offline

The list in Excel is a list of names and dates. I want to select the names
that meet certain date restrictions and insert the list of names into a Word
document that is formatted with page setup as Landscape with two columns so
that, when printed, it can be folded like a book. The list of names will be
inserted into one part of the document but must fit within the limits of one
column. I also don't want a straight list of names. What I am trying to do
is insert a three column list into one of the two columns of the page. Does
that make sense?

My first thought was something like a mail merge except that I want all the
applicable names to be in the same document and not multiple documents.

Have I explained or just made things worse?

Bill Pace

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?QlBhY2U=?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you have used the "Book fold" option in Word, you can use ordinary
newspaper-style columns in your mail merge main document.

"BPace" wrote in message
[...]

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?QlBhY2U=?=,

[...]

or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BPace BPace is offline

Thanks. I think I understand now. As you can tell, Word is not my primary
skill.

Thanks for the help.

Bill

"BPace" wrote in message
[...]