Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Woody

Default How big can a WORD file get?

How big can I let my WORD file get and not be concerned about corruption and
or other issues? That is, I have an index that I keep in WORD. In it I
tell myself where everthing is that I need to know, where this or that
document is etc. It does not contain graphics, but does contain a lot of
links to other files. Right now the size is 1,263 kb. I have a Pentium 4
with lots of ram and so it loads pretty quickly and I don't have any
particular problems right now, but I wonder about the future. What if the
file were to double? Would that be a problem? Is this just generally a
file size that WORD is not designed to handle?

If this is the case, I need to know about it now so I can make inteligent
adjustments. Any advice would be appreciated.