Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
C C is offline

Default How do I stop the space bar from deleting words?

Sometime after i have been working on word 2003 for a long time, i go to edit
swomething that i wrote earlier, and if i hit the space bar i end up deleting
the word. Is there any way to stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That's what Suzanne said.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Insert once or double-click OVR on the status bar to toggle from
Overtype to Insert mode.

so
all may benefit.

"C" wrote in message
Sometime after i have been working on word 2003 for a long time, i go

edit
swomething that i wrote earlier, and if i hit the space bar i end up

deleting
the word. Is there any way to stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Except somewhat more intelligibly.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
That's what Suzanne said.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Insert once or double-click OVR on the status bar to toggle from
Overtype to Insert mode.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"C" wrote in message
Sometime after i have been working on word 2003 for a long time, i go
edit
swomething that i wrote earlier, and if i hit the space bar i end up
deleting
the word. Is there any way to stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

As usual!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Press Insert once or double-click OVR on the status bar to toggle
from Overtype to Insert mode.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"C" wrote in message
Sometime after i have been working on word 2003 for a long time,
i go to
edit
swomething that i wrote earlier, and if i hit the space bar i end
up deleting the word. Is there any way to stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

You're switching to Overtype mode, shown by the 'OVR' in the status bar.
Press the Insert button.