Galene

Default How do I use mirror margins withouth getting a blank page

I have a large document that is set up to use mirror margins, will be printed
double-sided and involves many separate sections. In one division I want a
blank page is the section ends on an odd number. However, in the other
division most of the sections are only one page and I want them to print back
to bak and not have a blank page after. I have tried using odd and even
section breaks but Word still inserts the blank page (and also changes my
footer). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Margaret Aldis

Hi Galene

In the division where you want to don't want the blanks, you'll need to make
sure each section break is a "next page" one, not an odd or even page break.
One thing that may be confusing you is that this setting is not held in the
section break before the section (even though that's where you see the
legend "Next page" or whatever). So in order to change the section start
setting, don't double click the section break, but put your cursor within
the section and then use File Page Setup Layout.

For more information on how section breaks work, see he

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Galene" wrote in message
I have a large document that is set up to use mirror margins, will be
printed
double-sided and involves many separate sections. In one division I want
blank page is the section ends on an odd number. However, in the other
division most of the sections are only one page and I want them to print
back
to bak and not have a blank page after. I have tried using odd and even
section breaks but Word still inserts the blank page (and also changes my
footer). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Galene

Margaret

I have tried using the "next page" section break but with the mirror margin
option set it still inserts a blank page because that one-page section is and
"odd page". Does that make sense? Thanks in advance for any other info.

"Galene" wrote in message
I have a large document that is set up to use mirror margins, will be
printed
double-sided and involves many separate sections. In one division I want
blank page is the section ends on an odd number. However, in the other
division most of the sections are only one page and I want them to print
back
to bak and not have a blank page after. I have tried using odd and even
section breaks but Word still inserts the blank page (and also changes my
footer). Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Margaret Aldis

If you are using Mirror Margins then Word won't let you place an odd
numbered page on a "verso" (left hand) page. So if your one page sections
are starting numbering at 1 (or some other odd number) then you will get
blank pages to force them onto "recto" (right-hand) pages.

This is correct publishing practice. Looks like you'll have to choose either
to accept your one-page sections with blank backs, or else to print them
with continuous numbering. If the short sections are *all* less than 3 pages
then I suppose you could fudge it by using typed page numbers on First
Page, Odd and Even headers and footers (you'll need to set Different First
Page and Different Odd and Even for this to work).