Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Susiebb Susiebb is offline

Default Why won't Bold text reset to Normal?

Using Word 2000 Windows XP, I have a Heading 1 style that is Centered Bold
followed by a Normal style that is flush left Normal. The "Normal" text is
showing and printing Bold as well. I've formatted it with the menu at the top
of my screen, the "B" icon at the top of my screen, and the Style window that
comes up at the side, and it's still Bold. I've cleared formatting and
started over. I've closed Word and started a new document with a general
template, and I get the same result.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Select the offending text and press Ctrl+Spacebar to remove any
manual-formatting, such as Bold.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Susiebb" wrote:

Using Word 2000 Windows XP, I have a Heading 1 style that is Centered Bold
followed by a Normal style that is flush left Normal. The "Normal" text is
showing and printing Bold as well. I've formatted it with the menu at the top
of my screen, the "B" icon at the top of my screen, and the Style window that
comes up at the side, and it's still Bold. I've cleared formatting and
started over. I've closed Word and started a new document with a general
template, and I get the same result.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The font could be damaged. Does it work correctly if you choose a different
one?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP