Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam klam is offline

Default Reference book recommendations, pls.

I would like to get a Word 2003 reference book.

Can anyone suggest a good one?

tia & cheers,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'm very happy with the "Using" series, but I'm very text-oriented and
like to have all the details available.

"For Dummies" is written more breezily and leaves out some of the less
popular stuff.

I haven't tried the "Step by Step" series published by Microsoft.

The "Bible" series may be the most technical and detailed.

On Jun 12, 1:14*pm, klam wrote:
I would like to get a Word 2003 reference book.

Can anyone suggest a good one?

tia & cheers,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jun 12, 5:37*pm, Peter A wrote:
In article 7464d4e3-a41b-4bcc-a1d3-a63395d6e482@
34g2000hsh.googlegroups.com, says...

On Jun 12, 1:14*pm, klam wrote:
I would like to get a Word 2003 reference book.

Can anyone suggest a good one?

tia & cheers,

To the original poster: GOOD FOR YOU! All too many people think they can
sit down with a complex program like Word and start using it without any
effort. All too few are willing to put any effort into learning about
the program, and they end up on this group asking the most boneheaded
questions. The idea of buying a book and actually reading it is beyond
them. So, I applaud your effort!

I'm about to be forced to use InDesign for a major project (at least I
don't have to buy it for myself). There are a _lot_ fewer books
available for it, and the only one with any reasonable level of detail
is the "Bible."
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
klam klam is offline

Thx a mint for the run-down, grammatim. I was looking at the Bible series so
will look at that compared to the Using series. Definitely not the Dummies
series - title fits but not the content...LOL!

Peter A, I had a good laugh at your reply. I've probably done a bonehead
question here myself, but only after I really tried to figure it out on my
own. I am repeatedly AMAZED at the workaround solutions Word experts here
have devised to remedy the various demons of Word, and of course their
willingness to share their expertise.

cheers,
karen