Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Insuranceguy Insuranceguy is offline

Default reverse page numbering, e.g. 20 down to 1?

When I have 20 pages to put through the printer to put page numbers on them,
it is necessary to reverse the order of pages by hand before inserting
them...and then reversing it after printing.

There must be a way to get page numbers added that print in reverse; if you
know you have 20 pages, insert pre printed pages into the printer and make 20
blank pages by using control-enter 20 times and then use then select
numbering style.

There is no option for requesting the numbers in reverse.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Maybe not an explicit option, but you can insert a calculated
page number field. Press Alt+F9 to toggle on display of field codes.
Replace the { PAGE } field with
{ = { NUMPAGES } - { PAGE } + 1 } .
Don't type the curly braces... enter them by pressing Ctrl+F9.
Press Alt+F9 again to toggle off display of field codes.

But it would probably be easier to leave the page number field
alone and simply choose to print in reverse order from File |
Print | Options (Word 2003 or earlier), or from Office Button |
Word Options | Advanced (Word 2007).