Ronica

Default print on index tabs for binders

Does anyone know how to print text and pictures on the index tabs that are
used in looseleaf binders? Do I need a special printer, or can the index
tabs be run manually through a printer?
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

There are very few, if any, printers that can do that. If you have a
printer capable of printing A3 or 11 x 17, you may be able to feed the
divider through the printer fixed to a sheet of that size paper and by
fiddling around, get the print in the correct place.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Ronica" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to print text and pictures on the index tabs that are
used in looseleaf binders? Do I need a special printer, or can the index
tabs be run manually through a printer?

CyberTaz

Hi-

If you mean printing directly onto the tabs that are an integral part of the
dividers, you would definitely need special equipment & software.

Your best bet is to see if stick-on labels are available for the size you
need or else use dividers that have the clear/colored plastic tabs for which
you can get printable inserts. The printable tab labels/inserts come in
standard paper sized sheets and have 'templates' available that handle your
page set-up.

Good Luck |:)

"Ronica" wrote:

Does anyone know how to print text and pictures on the index tabs that are
used in looseleaf binders? Do I need a special printer, or can the index
tabs be run manually through a printer?

Jay Freedman

If your printer is limited to the more usual letter-size page, buy
adhesive labels that are sized to fit on the divider tabs. For
example, look for Avery stock numbers 5266 or 5029. You'll find the
5266 listed in the Options for the Labels dialog, and 5029 is the same
size (but clear).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Ronica" wrote in message
Does anyone know how to print text and pictures on the index tabs that are
used in looseleaf binders? Do I need a special printer, or can the index
tabs be run manually through a printer?

At one point Avery came out with some index dividers that were supposed to
be printable; they had the tab portion folded in so that the entire thing
was the size of a Letter-sized sheet of paper. I have a sample that I've
never tried; it looked like an iffy proposition to me, and so it may have
proved, as I don't recall having seen these in stores.

Index divider tabs C Wire New Users 0 July 27th 05 09:51 AM
HOW DOES ONE PRINT ONLY THE INDEX OF A DOCUMENT? Fluffy Microsoft Word Help 1 July 26th 05 03:40 PM
How do I print landscape on a 4X6 index card? badbadlbrown 01 Microsoft Word Help 3 April 24th 05 05:01 PM
How can I print on divider tabs which extend beyond 11 x 8 1/2? hmcelmur Page Layout 1 April 23rd 05 03:07 AM
Leaders Will Not Print in Index wanda New Users 1 November 30th 04 10:45 AM