Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CRAZYABOUTWORD

Default How do I avoid print layout when I insert page numbers?

When I try to insert page numbers, my document automatically reduces to
"print layout format" Is there any way to fix this so when I insert page
numbers, like before, I can see separated sheets in normal size?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Not that I know of. But I suspect you are using InsertPage Numbers? A
different method is the following: On the View menu, click Header and
Footer. Word switches to Print Layout view and activates the
header/footer area. Use the Insert Page Number button on the
Header/Footer toolbar to insert the page number where you want it.
When you are done, click the Close button. Word closes the
header/footer area and returns to the previous view.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP