Mail merge - use specific fields in the contacts folder to customi

Old November 29th 05, 01:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Mail merge - use specific fields in the contacts folder to customi

Can you tell me how to do a mail merge from outlook using MS Word Mail merge
, whereby specific fields in the outlook contacts folder could be used to
selectively incorporate aspects into the communication to be sent out by
email

eg. I have a set of contacts in Contacts sub folder
the view has a few customized fields
lets say for example that one field is called embed (with a "Y"
or "N" value) and a second field is called FN (with a filename called
"xyzfile" )
in the mail merge I would want to
check if embed = "Y" then 'attach' the file "xyzfile" the
file could be either .xls, .jpeg, .ppt

I have Word 2002

Thanks,
Rachelle

Old November 29th 05, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Start the merge from Outlook -
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm
See also the article prepared by fellow MVP Doug Robbins at
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com