Autoshape (line) moves when upgrading to Word 2002

Old March 7th 07, 04:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
swansonwc

Default Autoshape (line) moves when upgrading to Word 2002

Hi,

We've come up with an odd quirk when upgrading from Word 2000 to Word 2002.
We have files with a line (autoshape) beneath a particular line of text in
the Word 2000 documents. When we open the files in Word 2002 the line moves
down on the page by paragraph.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

TIA,
Bill
Old April 13th 07, 11:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Bill

swansonwc wrote:
We've come up with an odd quirk when upgrading from Word 2000 to Word 2002.
We have files with a line (autoshape) beneath a particular line of text in
the Word 2000 documents. When we open the files in Word 2002 the line moves
down on the page by paragraph.

Positioning of Shapes is tricky at best IMHO. What kind of wrapping
style is used with this line ("top and bottom", "behind of text", etc.)?

Have you switched anything else beside the version of Word that might be
of interest to Word, especially printer driver? Installed fonts?
Operating System? What is checked under Tools | Options | Compatibility?

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS