Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stman stman is offline

Default Installed Language (Arabic)

I had to install Arabic language support on my computer. In XP: Control Panel
Regional and Languages Language tab "Install files for complex script"

and Details button Installed Services Add (Arabic).

Now in Word 2003, when I view the styles or formatting in the taskbar
(Reveal Formatting) or dialog, I see Arabic samples and "Complex Script
Font". Even my Normal.dot shows this, e.g. on the Normal style. This makes it
harder to create styles based on other styles and adds other complications.

So I uninstalled the Arabic Language support and rebooted, but Word still
has these "features". Does anyone know how to remove this without
reinstalling MS Office?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vinay B Reddy Vinay B Reddy is offline

Have you tried reverting the locale to Non-Arabic. You can do that at:
Control Panel - Regional and Languages hoose locale from drop down list.

Thanks,
Vinay