Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bjwz24 bjwz24 is offline

Default Tab button is deleting selected text.

Whenever I select a paragraph and hit the tab button, instead of it moving
the paragraph, it deletes it. It does that with any text that is selected.
How can I fix this??

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poprivet Poprivet is offline

bjwz24 wrote:
Whenever I select a paragraph and hit the tab button, instead of it
moving the paragraph, it deletes it. It does that with any text that
is selected. How can I fix this??

Thanks

Fix what? If you hightlight a paragraph and hit tab, the para will be
replaced with a tab. Or a space, period, whatever else you press.
Don't highlight it, just put the cursor whre you want hte tab, and press
tab.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Which version of Word? In Word 2003, choose Tools - AutoCorrect Options -
AutoFormat as You Type tab, and click to enable "Set left- and first-indent
with tabs and backspaces". (In Word 2007, it's in Office button - Word
Options - Proofing - AutoCorrect - AutoFormat as You Type Tab).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"bjwz24" wrote in message
Whenever I select a paragraph and hit the tab button, instead of it moving
the paragraph, it deletes it. It does that with any text that is
selected.
How can I fix this??

Thanks

gstodt gstodt is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjwz24 View Post
That was it. Thanks!!

"bjwz24" wrote in message
Whenever I select a paragraph and hit the tab button, instead of it moving
the paragraph, it deletes it. It does that with any text that is
selected.
How can I fix this??

Thanks

This is not a solution ... I get very unexpected results when attempting to follow the instructions above. The selected text begins to move from left to right making it appear as a column. Some other option is necessary to make this solution work!