Stevegatw Stevegatw is offline
Junior Member

Default Can I stop Word 2010 opening?

I have used Word 97 years and have recently 'upgraded' to Office 2010.

I am immensely frustrated by the new version of Word but will keep it for compatibility reasons. However I'd prefer to use Word 97 for day-to-day tasks.

However, whenever I double-click on a .doc file Word 2010 insists on opening, even if I choose Open With and choose Word 97!

Is there any way to stop Word 2010 from hijacking the .doc file extension and allowing me to open files with the program I prefer.

(I'm using XP SP3)

Thanks
Steve