Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian[_2_] Ian[_2_] is offline

Default Changing the line height

I'm working on the OE version of Beowulf, and have found that some of
the characters are too high for the line, so that they push the line
down a bit. I'm trying to figure out how to stop that from happening.

My first thought was to adjust the line spacing to 1.5, however the
extra space on some of the lines didn't go away. It was just that much
farther.

A search in Help only turned up articles on text boxes and 3-D graphics.
So I'm at a loss. Is there a way, like in CSS or LaTeX, to adjust the
height of the line, so that all the lines are equally spaced?

Hope all are well.
Ian
--
http://bookstacks.org/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Set an Exact line height sufficient to accommodate all the characters and/or
enable the Compatibility Option "Don't add extra space for raised/lowered
characters." The latter probably doesn't apply to the characters you're
using, however.

http://word.mvps.org

"Ian" wrote in message
om...
I'm working on the OE version of Beowulf, and have found that some of
the characters are too high for the line, so that they push the line
down a bit. I'm trying to figure out how to stop that from happening.

My first thought was to adjust the line spacing to 1.5, however the
extra space on some of the lines didn't go away. It was just that much
farther.

A search in Help only turned up articles on text boxes and 3-D graphics.
So I'm at a loss. Is there a way, like in CSS or LaTeX, to adjust the
height of the line, so that all the lines are equally spaced?

Hope all are well.
Ian
--
http://bookstacks.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, you don't say which version of Word you're using, but in exactly
the same place (Format Paragraph) you set the line spacing to 1.5,
you can also set it to Exactly; and then fill in a line spacing number
large enough to accommodate the ascender and descender of the thorn.

But what font are you using in which the OE characters cause poor line
spacing? In Times New Roman (and various other fonts), they're simply
regular font characters that fit with all the others.

On Jul 23, 9:45*pm, Ian wrote:
In article ,
says...

Set an Exact line height sufficient to accommodate all the characters

Hi Suzanne. Thanks for the reply. I messed around with setting
compatibility options, and those didn't help. (I did save as a DOC file,
if that helped.)

I would love to be able to set the exact line height, but I'm at a loss
as to how to do so. Where is the place to do that?

Hope you're well.
Ian
--http://bookstacks.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian[_2_] Ian[_2_] is offline

In article ,
says...
I guess I hadn't
noticed the "exactly" thing before.

It worked! Thanks to all for your help. The file looks beautiful.

Ian
--
http://bookstacks.org/