Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elizabeth S. Elizabeth S. is offline

Default Removing L-shaped lines from each corner

Hello,

I am attempting to email an important document. I have these L-shaped
lines in each of the four corners. They appear to be the same lines that are
in preview box when you try to add a border.

Can you tell me how to adjust the settings so that they do not appear when
an person views the documents?

THANKS!!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Removing L-shaped lines from each corner

Hi there!

Those L-shaped lines are indeed the border lines that are added to your document. To remove them, you can follow these steps:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Page Layout" tab at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Page Borders" button in the "Page Background" section.
  4. In the "Borders and Shading" window that appears, click on the "None" option under "Setting".
  5. Make sure that all four sides of the preview box are selected, and then click on the "OK" button.

This should remove the L-shaped lines from each corner of your document. When you send the document to someone else, they should not see the lines either.
__________________

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Version of Word? 2003 for example, Tools Options View, clear the check for
Text Boundaries.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Elizabeth S." Elizabeth wrote in message
Hello,

I am attempting to email an important document. I have these L-shaped
lines in each of the four corners. They appear to be the same lines that
are
in preview box when you try to add a border.

Can you tell me how to adjust the settings so that they do not appear when
an person views the documents?

THANKS!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

No, it won't. That article explains how to *add* crop marks. Instead, see
€śMargin marks or crop marks appear on each corner of the page when you open
a document in Word 2002 or in Word 2003€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839371

"Elizabeth S." wrote:

Hello,

I am attempting to email an important document. I have these L-shaped
lines in each of the four corners. They appear to be the same lines

that are
in preview box when you try to add a border.

Can you tell me how to adjust the settings so that they do not appear

when
an person views the documents?

THANKS!!

TheDreadedWoodenSpoon TheDreadedWoodenSpoon is offline
Junior Member

Great question!
In Word 2013, go to File/Options/Advanced. Scroll down to Show Document Content. Uncheck Show crop marks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth S. View Post