Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gary Gary is offline

Default Problems with closing Word 2007 and using it with .doc files

I am using Office 2007 on a new Vista machine. When I open Word by itself it
works fine. However, when I go to close it, I get an error message saying
that Word has stopped working. I am then prompted to go online to look for a
solution. Here's what I've done:

1) Ran Office diagnostics. One problem was found, but nothing was able to
be done to fix it.

2) I tried a repair on Office 2007 through Programs. The first I tried it I
received an error message that referenced the following:

MS Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working.

I tried a second time and it finished. However, I'm still having problems
with closing Word.

3) I've uninstalled and reinstalled Office.

None of these things has resolved the problem.

The next problem I'm having is that when I open .doc files with Word 2007
they appear in Compatibility Mode. That's normal. However, I am unable to
edit any of these "older" documents. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone
would please shed some light on these issues. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

For general troubleshooting, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...artingWord.htm. If that doesn't
help, you may want to ask for assistance in the
microsoft.public.word.application.errors newsgroup.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP