Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
IVAN IVAN is offline

Default Word 2003 cannot open RTF format

I am usng Word 2003 sp3 under Wiindows XP and find that when I open the RTF
format document, it needs to repair and cannot open at once. It needs open
twice before it can open.

Any advice on this .

Thanks,
Ivan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Assuming that this happens with a particular RTF document only, I'd say that
document is damaged. Copying the text, except for the final paragraph mark,
into a new file often fixes corruption. For more on document corruption, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP