Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
a.b. a.b. is offline

Default Removing Display ShortCuts on Right-Click (WORD 2007)

If I have the grammar/style checker on, WORD 2007 functions as it should, and
highlights (green underlines) portions of text it recommends be observed for
uniformity, etcetera.

Whenever I right-click to view the options/recommendations WORD 2007 has for
me, two menus appear: (1) the regular cut/copy/paste and recommendations
context menu, and a newer (2) menu that is essentially a condensed version of
the Font panel (of the Home ribbon).

Unfortunately, I am finding this second menu rather bothersome and in the
way. Is there a way for me to remove it so that it doesn't pop up whenever I
right-click a grammar recommendation?

Regards.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think you're describing the Mini Toolbar. If this bothers you, turn it off
at Office Button | Word Options | Popular: Show Mini Toolbar on selection.

http://word.mvps.org

"a.b." wrote in message
If I have the grammar/style checker on, WORD 2007 functions as it should,
and
highlights (green underlines) portions of text it recommends be observed
for
uniformity, etcetera.

Whenever I right-click to view the options/recommendations WORD 2007 has
for
me, two menus appear: (1) the regular cut/copy/paste and recommendations
context menu, and a newer (2) menu that is essentially a condensed version
of
the Font panel (of the Home ribbon).

Unfortunately, I am finding this second menu rather bothersome and in the
way. Is there a way for me to remove it so that it doesn't pop up
whenever I
right-click a grammar recommendation?

Regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
a.b.[_2_] a.b.[_2_] is offline

I don't have the mini-toolbar function selected. It does not appear when I
hover near selected text, but only when I right-click for grammatical options.

This doesn't happen when I right-click or hover for any other feature/option
in WORD 2007.

-a.b.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Whether a word is selected when you click in it might be a result of some of
the other Options settings, though.

http://word.mvps.org

"grammatim" wrote in message
If you don't turn it off, it's supposed to show up whenever you select
text (not just when you right-click something) -- if it doesn't, maybe
something's wrong!

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If it is not the Mini Toolbar, then please further describe it.

http://word.mvps.org

"a.b." wrote in message

[...]

Removing unwanted right click menu item in Word 2000 PatsyC Microsoft Word Help 2 June 19th 08 10:17 PM
Removing Items from Word 2007 right-click menu BrianBr Microsoft Word Help 11 July 18th 07 04:08 PM
Display keyboard shortcuts for user created macros Jessy Microsoft Word Help 2 July 9th 07 11:18 PM
Right-click shortcuts Louise Tables 7 May 26th 05 02:07 PM
How can I display ALL keyboard shortcuts? NateCantab Microsoft Word Help 7 February 10th 05 11:01 PM