Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TPatton TPatton is offline

Default Typing in word my pages don't show

If I'm typing a WORD document the second page does not show up on the screen
unless I put a manual page break in. The second page is there and is created
but is just not displayed. Of course putting manual page breaks in is
frustrating if you are editing the document a lot. Any clues?
I am using Microsoft Office 2007 in Normal view. Please HEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

If by Normal view you mean Draft view, then you will not see page breaks
unless you display nonprinting characters.

But I suspect that you mean you are working in Print Layout view (you would
see the second page in Draft view). Although I would not expect to see this
issue in Word 2007 (except perhaps in a legacy document), try going to Page
Layout | Columns | More Columns and clicking on the preset picture for One,
then OK.

http://word.mvps.org

"TPatton" wrote in message
If I'm typing a WORD document the second page does not show up on the
screen
unless I put a manual page break in. The second page is there and is
created
but is just not displayed. Of course putting manual page breaks in is
frustrating if you are editing the document a lot. Any clues?
I am using Microsoft Office 2007 in Normal view. Please
HEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
angie rivoire angie rivoire is offline

Hi Suzanne

I also had the same problem as the original post. After finding your
solution, and trying it out, I was so pleased to see that, of course, it
solved the problem. Thank you for stopping me banging my head against a
brick wall!!

Best wishes,
Angie

"TPatton" wrote in message
If I'm typing a WORD document the second page does not show up on the
screen
unless I put a manual page break in. The second page is there and is
created
but is just not displayed. Of course putting manual page breaks in is
frustrating if you are editing the document a lot. Any clues?
I am using Microsoft Office 2007 in Normal view. Please
HEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPP

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I'm glad that worked for you. The reason it works is a very odd bug that
supposedly has been fixed in recent versions of Word but does still crop up
from time to time.

http://word.mvps.org

"TPatton" wrote in message
If I'm typing a WORD document the second page does not show up on the
screen
unless I put a manual page break in. The second page is there and is
created
but is just not displayed. Of course putting manual page breaks in is
frustrating if you are editing the document a lot. Any clues?
I am using Microsoft Office 2007 in Normal view. Please
HEEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPP

.

Carolyn Robinson Carolyn Robinson is offline
Junior Member

Suzanne - I hope you can help me. I am working in Word 2013. My document (11 pages so far) has an outline throughout with four tables and some footnotes. I do have page breaks inserted before my tables. One of my pages is set up as landscape to give more room for two of my tables. My problem: Part of the text, my footnotes and my most important table (of course) have disappeared. The only way I can view all of the text and all of the tables is through web layout and, unfortunately, I can't see my footnotes in this option. How can I get all of this back in print layout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne S. Barnhill View Post