Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Murrumba Murrumba is offline

Default How can I merge twelve separate documents into a single document?

I have several chapters of a book written as separate documents. I would now
like to incorporate each document into a single document. How can this be
done, or is this not possible?

I am using Word 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As this is probably just a one time operation, copying and pasting is
probably the simplest way.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Murrumba" wrote in message
I have several chapters of a book written as separate documents. I would
now
like to incorporate each document into a single document. How can this be
done, or is this not possible?

I am using Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You could try the boiler add-in http://www.gmayor.com/Boiler.htm with the
option to set a section break between each document, but how successful it
will be will depend on the relative formatting of the individual documents.

"Murrumba" wrote in message
I have several chapters of a book written as separate documents. I would
now
like to incorporate each document into a single document. How can this be
done, or is this not possible?

I am using Word 2007.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eliza sahoo eliza sahoo is offline

Default Merge Word Documents As Pages Of A Single Document Using VB.NET

Following code snippet demonstrates how to do it in VB.NET
[VB.NET CODE STARTS]

'== Declare variables
Dim fileArray as new ArrayList
Dim intCount As Integer = 0

'== Create an object of WORD.

Dim objWord As Object
objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application") '

'== Loop through the collection of documents and add to main word document

For Each fi As System.IO.FileInfo In dirInfo.GetFiles("*.doc") ' dirInfo : is the directory where all the separate docs are saved

If Not fileArray.Contains(fi.FullName) Then ' Check if document is not already added.
If intCount = 0 Then
objWord.Documents.Add(fi.FullName) ' for the first document to be added use Documents.Add method
Else
objWord.Selection.InsertFile(filename:=fi.FullName , Range:="", ConfirmConversions:=False, Link:=False, Attachment:=False) ' next time onwards use InsertFile method
End If

objWord.Selection.EndKey(Unit:=6) ' set the control \ cursor to the end of the document to insert next in the new page
intCount += 1 ' increment count by 1
fiArr.Add(fi.FullName) ' add the merged document to the collection

End If

Next

'== Delete all separate documents from folder after merge

For Each fi As System.IO.FileInfo In dirInfo.GetFiles("*.doc")
fi.Delete()
Next

'== Make the main document visible

If Not objWord.Visible Then
objWord.Visible = True
End If

Murrumba wrote:

How can I merge twelve separate documents into a single document?
07-Mar-10

I have several chapters of a book written as separate documents. I would now
like to incorporate each document into a single document. How can this be
done, or is this not possible?

I am using Word 2007.

On Sunday, March 07, 2010 7:21 PM
Murrumba wrote:

How can I merge twelve separate documents into a single document?
I have several chapters of a book written as separate documents. I would now
like to incorporate each document into a single document. How can this be
done, or is this not possible?

I am using Word 2007.

On Sunday, March 07, 2010 9:43 PM
Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

As this is probably just a one time operation, copying and pasting isprobably
As this is probably just a one time operation, copying and pasting is
probably the simplest way.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

On Monday, March 08, 2010 1:31 AM
Graham Mayor wrote:

You could try the boiler add-in http://www.gmayor.com/Boiler.
You could try the boiler add-in http://www.gmayor.com/Boiler.htm with the
option to set a section break between each document, but how successful it
will be will depend on the relative formatting of the individual documents.

Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ses-avail.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
EliMar EliMar is offline

There is a very fast way to achieve merge of multiple documents, see this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hmykKZAmK3k