Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Katie Katie is offline

Default Can I use mail merge to create a new file for each contact?

I am doing a job search and would like to find a shortcut. All of the jobs
ask for the cover letter to be emailed along with the resume as an
attachement. Its painstaking edit my cover letter to include the right
business name and position title as well as a few other details. Is there a
way that I can get mail merge to take the information from an excel
spreadsheet, insert it in the cover letter, and then save a copy with a
unique file name?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the "Individual Merge Letters" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

If you are using Word XP or later, the "Add-in to Merge Letters to Separate
Files" that I have written and that can be downloaded from that site will
allow you to create each letter as a separate file with a filename taken
from a field in the data source with a minimum of fuss.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP