Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
VK VK is offline

Default Colored Background Paper doesn't show up in Acrobat .pdf

I colored a document through the Page LayoutPage BackgroundPage Color tab.
After I converted it to .pdf with Adobe Acrobat 7.0, the color (light blue)
doesn't show up.

On the same tab, I inserted a colored border with a colored fill and THAT
shows up. Just not the page color background.

The entire page is light blue except for a rectangular box in the middle
that has a colored border and is colored filled with light pink. (The pink
rectangle is supposed to look like a piece of stationery that someone has
jotted down some notes on.)

I'm uploading the .pdf for publishing reasons and I don't know if the
convert to .pdf plug in with Word 2007 will work.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word 2007?

Have you checked Word OptionsDisplayPrinting OptionsPrint background
colors and images?
The Acrobat 7 add-in is not compatible with Word 2007, so I assume you are
printing to the Adobe PDF driver?

FWIW Word 2007's PDF plug-in will indeed retain background colours to PDF
(with or without the above option as the action does not involve
'printing'). It is not as all encompassing as Acrobat, but it will do most
of the things you may expect of a PDF - and it is much cheaper .