Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Xanbaby Xanbaby is offline

Default Insert Document without creating a hard return

I need a way to insert a document into another so that only the text
appearing in the document will appear without being following by a hard
return. The inserted text is conditional, will be inserted into many
documents and will change with time, hence the need to used Insert Document.
An example is detailed below:

Before

Please contact us at {insert doc phone.doc} should you have any queries.

After

Please contact us at 0123456789
should you have any queries.

Obviously, I need to prevent this hard return from creeping in. And alas I
can't just position the field at the end of a paragraph, much as I'd like
to!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Since each document contains at least one paragraph mark there is no way to
insert text from a document without also adding a paragraph mark.

What you can do is store the text to be inserted as an AutoText entry. Then
use an AUTOTEXTLIST field to add it to documents.

When the source AutoText changes, you can update the field to reflect the
changes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Hard return Nat Microsoft Word Help 1 February 9th 08 02:24 AM
Convert soft breaks (shift/return) into hard breaks (return). KathfromWI Microsoft Word Help 13 November 11th 06 03:20 PM
Search and replace hard-line-return character, not carriage return Tyler T Microsoft Word Help 2 August 16th 06 09:11 PM
VBA to apply a Soft Return (or Hard Return) at end of wrapped line Dennis Microsoft Word Help 7 May 14th 05 07:01 AM
how do i remove the Hard return from a document Hissing Sid Microsoft Word Help 2 February 21st 05 04:42 PM