Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
bmbc141 bmbc141 is offline

Default Fill-in field

I have created a "fill-in" field which displays a dialog box asking you to
type in your name. My question is how do I create a field in the footer that
also displays my name that was entered in the dialog box created by the
"fill-in" field
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Create a unique paragraph style for the paragraph containing the
FillIn field and then add a { STYLEREF "stylename_here" } field to the
footer, or bookmark the FillIn field and insert a cross-reference to
that bookmark in the footer.

See also "5. User Prompts" at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/repeating_data.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bmbc141" wrote in message
I have created a "fill-in" field which displays a dialog box asking

you to
type in your name. My question is how do I create a field in the

footer that
also displays my name that was entered in the dialog box created by

the
"fill-in" field
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Give the location that contains the field a unique style (create a character
style with no change in formatting) then use a styleref field to call this
style in the footer. Such a field will update automatically.

or

Bookmark the fillin field and use a REF field in the footer. Note that REF
fields in footers do not update automatically and so you will have to force
an update using a macro - such as that at