Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Valentine Valentine is offline

Default styles change w/o command, characters won't work even as styles

I've wasted hours on this. My husband, computer whiz, set up a personal
style for me, Style1. It has evolved, prob my fault. But when he entered it
again, I was older and wiser and didn't make the same mistakes. Style1 still
changes. Windows Help instructions don't work. Second problem, characters
Bold, Italics, and Underline will not work, and again, I tried Help w/o
success. Built a separate style for Bold and it doesn't work on highlighted
text, highlights random text!!! Style ChapterHeader, which was in Bold and
centered until Style1 was modified, does not appear centered and in Bold as
it did before. I checked formatting and centered it, marked Bold font, still
doesn't work. What the heck is wrong? Oh, yes, I'm using Word2000 on
WindowsXP.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Me thinks that under Tools, Options, View tab you have checked Draft View?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP