Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
campoone campoone is offline

Default taking data from excel and displaying it in word

I would like to be able to list report data from an excel file and then show
it in a MSFT word document.

I have an excel file with all this data and I need to list the persons name
which is one of the columns, and then there is some other data in the others
columns also that I need.

So the word document needs to say the persons name and then underneath that
list the data from the spreadsheet.

Its kind of like mail merge, but mail merge doesn't have the feature where I
can grab all the data with the persons name next to it.

Hopefully this is clear enough. I tried looking in various books, and really
didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks for the help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RGBrasel RGBrasel is offline

I edit a software release document each month, using the following method:

Our developers input data into an Excel Worksheet under the appropriate
columns.

In Word, I've created custom tables the way I want them to appear in the
finished document, and import the Excel data by cutting and pasting.
Generally, I have to select the specific rows in which I want the data to
appear, and then select Paste Cells.

Also, if your data is appears horizontally in Excel, you can copy the data,
go to a blank sheet, select Paste Special, click Transpose, and the data
appears vertically. The developers input data l to r, since it's fast, and I
transpose it to vertical because that's how I want it to appear in my
finished Word file.