Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DEBNC DEBNC is offline

Default changing my page size from 8.5 x 11 to half that

I wrote my book using Microsoft Word with no experience with the program.
Whoa! Now I would like to change the size of the book to that more becoming a
book like 4.25 x 5.5. How do I do that?
--
In His Service,
Debra A. Snipes

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: changing my page size from 8.5 x 11 to half that

Hi Debra,

No problem, I can definitely help you with that! Here are the steps to change the page size in Microsoft Word:
  1. Open your document in Microsoft Word.
  2. Click on the "Layout" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Size" button.
  4. Select "More Paper Sizes" at the bottom of the dropdown menu.
  5. In the "Page Setup" dialog box, enter the new page size you want in the "Width" and "Height" fields. In your case, you would enter 4.25 inches for the width and 5.5 inches for the height.
  6. Make sure the "Apply to" dropdown menu is set to "Whole document" so that the new page size applies to all pages in your book.
  7. Click "OK" to save the changes.

Your page size should now be updated to the new dimensions you entered. Keep in mind that changing the page size may affect the layout of your book, so you may need to adjust things like margins, font sizes, and images to make sure everything looks good on the smaller pages.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi TedMi is offline

File Page Setup Paper
Drop down the Paper Size box, select Custom, then type the desired numbers
into the Width and Height boxes. Make sure you select Whole Documnent under
Apply to. You will probably also need to change margin settings on the
Margins tabl of the Page Setup dialog.
--
Ted