Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kboy

Default Need to find text in a document, highlight and count them.

I am in need of software or Add-in for the following task:
With a document open in Word, I need to find several words or keywords. Then
highlight all of the found words. I know I can do this in Word with the Find
command. However, as soon I click in the document they disappear.

Finally, it needs to count each term searched for and display those counts.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks,
Con

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz

One way is to use Find to locate all occurrences as you have been, but then
use the Highlight button on the Formatting toolbar _before_ attempting to
edit the doc.

I'm sure there are a number of other options as well, depending on excactly
what your purpose is.

HTH |:)

"kboy" wrote:

I am in need of software or Add-in for the following task:
With a document open in Word, I need to find several words or keywords. Then
highlight all of the found words. I know I can do this in Word with the Find
command. However, as soon I click in the document they disappear.

Finally, it needs to count each term searched for and display those counts.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thanks,
Con

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
kboy

Thank you for the response and was helpful as I didn't think of using the
Highlighter on the formatting toolbar. However, I am still looking for
software or an add-in which will allow me to find several terms or keywords
at the same time, highlight them and then give me a count of how many of each
there are in the document. A few months ago I accidentally run in to a site
which just had such a program but for the life of me I can't find it again.
So, there are software out there which can accomplish what I want to do.

Many thanks again,
Con