Richard

Default Merge data into form fields?

Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to place a drop-down form field on a word
document and have its values populated via mail merge? I tried but can't
get it to work, I wasn't sure if I was missing something...

Thanks!

Anne Troy

Why would you even want to do that?
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"Richard" wrote in message
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to place a drop-down form field on a

word
document and have its values populated via mail merge? I tried but can't
get it to work, I wasn't sure if I was missing something...

Thanks!

Richard

I have a customer who is requested it, they would like to be able to choose
from the dropdown after merging if at all possible.

news:74395$42cbed33$97c5108d$15191@allthenewsgroup s.com...

"Richard" wrote in message
Hello,

Does anyone know if it is possible to place a drop-down form field on a

word
document and have its values populated via mail merge? I tried but
can't
get it to work, I wasn't sure if I was missing something...

Thanks!

Doug Robbins

Do you mean populate the values of the drop with the data from the
datasource, or create a mailmerge document that contains a dropdown
formfield.

If it's the latter, the two features that you wish to use are mutually
exclusive. It could
however be done by using DOCVARIABLE fields instead of mailmerge fields and
using VBA to iterate through the datasource, creating a documnet for each
record and setting the value of the variables.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP