BioIP

Default Line numbers also show paragraph numbers

In using a document with numbered paragraphs, when I turn on line numbering,
the line numbers also show paragraph numbers:
1 [001] [001] text of paragraph one.
2 [001] [002] text of paragraph 2
:
:
# [001] [ooN] text of paragraph N

How do I stop the line numbering from also displaying paragraph numbers?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QmlvSVA=?=,

In using a document with numbered paragraphs, when I turn on line numbering,
the line numbers also show paragraph numbers:
1 [001] [001] text of paragraph one.
2 [001] [002] text of paragraph 2
:
:
# [001] [ooN] text of paragraph N

How do I stop the line numbering from also displaying paragraph numbers?

I'm not sure we're thinking of the same things when using the terms "line
numbers" and "paragraph numbers". could you tell us, in detail, how you've
generated these three sets of numbers?

And which version of Word is involved?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

BioIP

Dear Cindy M.,
Thank you. I'm sorry that my question was unclear. The line number reads
as [line number] followed by the formatted paragraph number (which i have set
to [00x], so that the text might read as follows:

1 [001] [001] The dog jumped over
2 [001] the lazy fox by the river.

3 [001] [002] The fox was startled.

I am using Word 2003

Thanks again for your help.

--
BioIP

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?QmlvSVA=?=,

In using a document with numbered paragraphs, when I turn on line numbering,
the line numbers also show paragraph numbers:
1 [001] [001] text of paragraph one.
2 [001] [002] text of paragraph 2
:
:
# [001] [ooN] text of paragraph N

How do I stop the line numbering from also displaying paragraph numbers?

I'm not sure we're thinking of the same things when using the terms "line
numbers" and "paragraph numbers". could you tell us, in detail, how you've
generated these three sets of numbers?

And which version of Word is involved?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QmlvSVA=?=,

Yes, and how what commands, exactly, are you using for these two sets of
numbers? I just want to be sure we're both on the same page, here, so as to not
waste our valuable time :-)