Leigh46137

Default Merge with stacked fields

I am using MS Office 2000

I am trying to create a merge document that needs to list data on the page
like this:

Record 1, Field 1 Record 1, Field 2
Record 2, Field 1 Record 2 Field 2

Record 1, Field 3 Record 1, Field 4
Record 2, Field 3 Record 2, Field 4

The data lives in an Access database.

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this??
(I've done a considerable amount VBA programming, so using code / macros
won't scare me)

Thanks!

--
Leigh46137
Peter Jamieson

The first thing to try is to save the values you need in bookmark variables
using SET fields and re-use them in REF fields,using a NEXT field to move
from record 1 to record 2, e.g.

{ SET r1field3 "{ MERGEFIELD field3 }"
}{ SET r1field4 "{ MERGEFIELD field4 }"
}{ MERGEFIELD field1 } { MERGEFIELD field2 }
{ NEXT }{ MERGEFIELD field1 } { MERGEFIELD field2 }

{ REF r1field3 }{ REF r1field4 }
{ MERGEFIELD field3 } { MERGEFIELD field4 }

All the {} need to be the special field braces you can insert using ctrl-F9

Peter Jamieson