Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Libby T

Default My spell checker insists on Welsh and I want English

My spell checker in Word keeps defaulting to Welsh - I want English (UK).
I've been to "Start" "All Programs" "Microsoft Office" "Microsoft Office
Tools" "Language Tools", and set English as default. I still get Welsh.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Click on Start | Control Panel | Regional & Language
Options | Languages | Details | Settings. What is the default
input language?

Libby T wrote:

My spell checker in Word keeps defaulting to Welsh - I want English (UK).
I've been to "Start" "All Programs" "Microsoft Office" "Microsoft Office
Tools" "Language Tools", and set English as default. I still get Welsh.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ediamond

At the bottom of the page you will see the language that you are using.
Select all of your text (so that all of your text is the same language) and
then double click on the language at the bottom at the bottom at the bottom
of Word and it will open a box where you can choose English (UK) as you
defaut language. I have to change mine back to my default language every so
often so that the dictionary will work properly too.

"Libby T" wrote:

My spell checker in Word keeps defaulting to Welsh - I want English (UK).
I've been to "Start" "All Programs" "Microsoft Office" "Microsoft Office
Tools" "Language Tools", and set English as default. I still get Welsh.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dogman dogman is offline

Thank you. This worked perfectly when I had trouble with spell checker
defauling to Spanish. Thanks.

"Libby T" wrote:

My spell checker in Word keeps defaulting to Welsh - I want English (UK).
I've been to "Start" "All Programs" "Microsoft Office" "Microsoft Office
Tools" "Language Tools", and set English as default. I still get Welsh.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
truckeeboy truckeeboy is offline

I do not have any language shown on the bottom of the page! I may case Word
insists that my document is French. I've set the default to English (US) and
turned off the auto-language detection. Still French!

"Libby T" wrote:

My spell checker in Word keeps defaulting to Welsh - I want English (UK).
I've been to "Start" "All Programs" "Microsoft Office" "Microsoft Office
Tools" "Language Tools", and set English as default. I still get Welsh.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Select the entire document (Ctrl-A), then choose Tools Language
Set Language English (whichever variety you prefer)