Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich

Default My font keeps changing during a mail merge

every time I complete a mail merge the font changes to a different font, how
can I stop this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UmljaA==?=,

every time I complete a mail merge the font changes to a different font, how
can I stop this?

The font formatting of the data coming across? Press Alt+F9 to display the
field codes. If you see \* MergeFormat in any of the fields, delete it. Insert
the switch \* CharFormat at the end of all the merge fields. Alt+F9 again to
hide the field codes. Example:

{ Mergefield Name \* CharFormat }

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich

Cindy, thanks I looked for that, but there is no mergeformat. It's weird it
only does where I have the address merge. On on it goes to a georgia font,
on the other it goes to arial. Could I maybe post the document somewhere?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?UmljaA==?=,

every time I complete a mail merge the font changes to a different font, how
can I stop this?

The font formatting of the data coming across? Press Alt+F9 to display the
field codes. If you see \* MergeFormat in any of the fields, delete it. Insert
the switch \* CharFormat at the end of all the merge fields. Alt+F9 again to
hide the field codes. Example:

{ Mergefield Name \* CharFormat }

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich

Nevermind, I see the charformat has to be on the end of all the fields. How
come it doesn't do that automatically? Is there a way to make that the
default setting?

"Rich" wrote:

every time I complete a mail merge the font changes to a different font, how
can I stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Simply add the charformat switch to the offending field(s).

Rich wrote:
Cindy, thanks I looked for that, but there is no mergeformat. It's
weird it only does where I have the address merge. On on it goes to
a georgia font, on the other it goes to arial. Could I maybe post
the document somewhere?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?UmljaA==?=,

every time I complete a mail merge the font changes to a different
font, how can I stop this?

The font formatting of the data coming across? Press Alt+F9 to
display the field codes. If you see \* MergeFormat in any of the
fields, delete it. Insert the switch \* CharFormat at the end of all
the merge fields. Alt+F9 again to hide the field codes. Example:

{ Mergefield Name \* CharFormat }

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow
question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

No. You have to add it. You could I guess create an autocorrect for \*c to
\*charformat that would save a few keystrokes.

"Rich" wrote:

every time I complete a mail merge the font changes to a different
font, how can I stop this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Carmi

Dear Cindy - just want to thank you for you *charformat post this exactly the
problem I was having with regards to *mergeformat not returing the exact
format I wanted.

Thanks

Carmi