Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Robert Robert is offline

Default Mail Merge {Next} command

While trying to create a template for a membership card in QuickBooks
Customer Manager which creates a Word mail merge document, and I am using
Avery #5390 name badges with 8 cards to the page.
I have been unable to get the software to fill in all 8 cards on a page. It
only fills in the top left hand card. I have added the {Next} command in the
mail merge template and have tried it at several locations in the upper left
catd, but as of now it has no affect.

When the template was first created after selecting the Avery #5309 there
was no {NEXT} comand in the card in the upper left corner, but it was in the
other seven.

I've been told that I should delete the {NEXT} comand in the lower right
card and add it to the upper left card.

I have worked on this for hours with no results.
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Rich/rerat Rich/rerat is offline

Robert,
1. After selecting the label for the merge, the first table (upper left)
should be blank, and the other 7 should have the "Next" field automatically
inserted.
2. From the Mail Merge toolbar, insert the fields that you desire, making
any formatting changes for the label. This will act as the Master Label for
this project.
3. You should see a button to "Propagate Labels", on the right side of the
toolbar. Select that, and the all the fields from the first label should be
placed into the document, after each Next Field present. Save the file if
you plan to use it in the future.
4. Then you can Merge to New Document, and make any cosmetic changes that
you might need to do before printing.

Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"Robert" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Who ever told you to delete the { Next } command from the last label and add
it to the first was plain wrong. Doing that will result in the seventh and
eighth labels on the sheet being the same and you will not get a label for
the 1st, 9th, 17th, etc record in the data source.

See the article "Mail Merge to Labels with Word XP" on fellow MVP Graham
Mayor's website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP