Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gene Goldenfeld

Default Envelopes + Labels doesn't work

In Word 2000, when I open Envelopes and Labels, Word blanks to the
desktop, then returns. When I click in the return address box, the
cursor goes there mementarily before the same blanking occurs again.
But on returning to Word, the return address box won't take the cursor
(thus I can't enter anything). I can use other E & L options, but on
clicking Close for an option the same blanking cycle occurs. Envelopes
will print, but only with the recipient's address. This started some
months ago, back when I was having XP problems. Since then, I've
installed a new motherboard and HD, reformatted, did a clean XP install
(up to date) and reinstalled apps, including MS Office Pro
2000. I do have WinFax 10 installed, but did the fix on Susan
Barnhill's site. Everything else with Word (and everything else) has
been working ok. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Gene