Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mert ekren mert ekren is offline

Default Lİne spacing error: "This is an invalid quantity"

Hello to all;

My office 2003 sp2. When i click the line spacing icon (down arrow),
this error occurs. "This, is an invalid quantity"
Can someone give info about solving this error?

Kind regards
ekrenmert
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

I've not seen that problem but I would suspect a corrupt printer driver.
Make sure that you have the latest printer driver from the printer
manufacturer's support site and then delete and reinstall the printer.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"mert ekren" wrote in message
Hello to all;

My office 2003 sp2. When i click the line spacing icon (down arrow), this
error occurs. "This, is an invalid quantity"
Can someone give info about solving this error?

Kind regards
ekrenmert

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mert ekren mert ekren is offline

I haven't printer. And "This, is an invalid quantity" error occurs five
times. (I click OK five times.) I can adjust line spacing from
view/paragraph. But i can't do it from line spacing icon from format
toolbar.

Terry Farrell yazmış:
I've not seen that problem but I would suspect a corrupt printer driver.
Make sure that you have the latest printer driver from the printer
manufacturer's support site and then delete and reinstall the printer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Word requires a printer driver to format the document.

mert ekren wrote:
I haven't printer. And "This, is an invalid quantity" error occurs
five times. (I click OK five times.) I can adjust line spacing from
view/paragraph. But i can't do it from line spacing icon from format
toolbar.

Terry Farrell yazmis:
I've not seen that problem but I would suspect a corrupt printer
driver. Make sure that you have the latest printer driver from the
printer manufacturer's support site and then delete and reinstall
the printer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I haven't printer.

That may be the problem. Word consults the printer driver of the currently
selected printer to find out what page sizes, margins, etc. are valid. You
probably have something like the Generic Text printer selected in the Print
dialog, and it's supplying unusable information.

Even though you don't have a physical printer, you should install the driver
for some real printer -- many of them are supplied with Windows -- and
select that printer in Word's Print dialog, then cancel the dialog. Then try
formatting your document.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

mert ekren wrote:
I haven't printer. And "This, is an invalid quantity" error occurs
five times. (I click OK five times.) I can adjust line spacing from
view/paragraph. But i can't do it from line spacing icon from format
toolbar.

Terry Farrell yazmis:
I've not seen that problem but I would suspect a corrupt printer
driver. Make sure that you have the latest printer driver from the
printer manufacturer's support site and then delete and reinstall
the printer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mert ekren mert ekren is offline

I did it. But the problem is continuing. I installed hp laserjet and
Samsung ml 1660 drivers.

Jay Freedman yazmış:
I haven't printer.

That may be the problem. Word consults the printer driver of the currently
selected printer to find out what page sizes, margins, etc. are valid. You
probably have something like the Generic Text printer selected in the Print
dialog, and it's supplying unusable information.

Even though you don't have a physical printer, you should install the driver
for some real printer -- many of them are supplied with Windows -- and
select that printer in Word's Print dialog, then cancel the dialog. Then try
formatting your document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mert ekren mert ekren is offline

I can set line spacing with format/pargraoh dialog. But when i click to
line spacing icon problem occurs.

Jay Freedman yazmış:

mert ekren wrote:
I did it. But the problem is continuing. I installed hp laserjet and
Samsung ml 1660 drivers.

Jay Freedman yazmış:
I haven't printer.
That may be the problem. Word consults the printer driver of the
currently selected printer to find out what page sizes, margins,
etc. are valid. You probably have something like the Generic Text
printer selected in the Print dialog, and it's supplying unusable
information. Even though you don't have a physical printer, you should
install
the driver for some real printer -- many of them are supplied with
Windows -- and select that printer in Word's Print dialog, then
cancel the dialog. Then try formatting your document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Run Detect and Repair from the Help Menu.

Have you set one of the printer drivers as Windows Default? Does Word see
it?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

mert ekren wrote:
I did it. But the problem is continuing. I installed hp laserjet and
Samsung ml 1660 drivers.

Jay Freedman yazmış:
I haven't printer.
That may be the problem. Word consults the printer driver of the
currently selected printer to find out what page sizes, margins,
etc. are valid. You probably have something like the Generic Text
printer selected in the Print dialog, and it's supplying unusable
information. Even though you don't have a physical printer, you should
install
the driver for some real printer -- many of them are supplied with
Windows -- and select that printer in Word's Print dialog, then
cancel the dialog. Then try formatting your document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mert ekren mert ekren is offline

help menu can't detect this error.
Yes, i set a driver for MS Office 2003 Sp 1. But i use another version
too. Version is MS office 2003 sp3. In Sp3 version, there is no printer
and drivers.
I doubt about a trojan or macro. But i didn't use any macro.

Terry Farrell yazm?s,:
Run Detect and Repair from the Help Menu.

Have you set one of the printer drivers as Windows Default? Does Word
see it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

As previously stated, Word will not work properly without a printer. Your
problems all stem on the lack of printer driver or a corrupt printer driver.

How are Word 2003 sp1 and Word 2003 sp3 coexisting on the same computer?
Why?

Did you run Detect and Repair?

Terry

"mert ekren" wrote in message
help menu can't detect this error.
Yes, i set a driver for MS Office 2003 Sp 1. But i use another version
too. Version is MS office 2003 sp3. In Sp3 version, there is no printer
and drivers.
I doubt about a trojan or macro. But i didn't use any macro.

Terry Farrell yazm?s,:
Run Detect and Repair from the Help Menu.

Have you set one of the printer drivers as Windows Default? Does Word see
it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mert ekren mert ekren is offline

Two different computer.(sp1 and sp3)
And Word didn't detect.

Terry Farrell yazm?s,:

"mert ekren" wrote in message
help menu can't detect this error.
Yes, i set a driver for MS Office 2003 Sp 1. But i use another version
too. Version is MS office 2003 sp3. In Sp3 version, there is no
printer and drivers.
I doubt about a trojan or macro. But i didn't use any macro.

Terry Farrell yazm?s,:
Run Detect and Repair from the Help Menu.

Have you set one of the printer drivers as Windows Default? Does Word
see it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mert ekren mert ekren is offline

Yes. Both of them gives same line spacing error. And driver printers are
not same.
ekrenmert

Terry Farrell yazm?s,:

"mert ekren" wrote in message
help menu can't detect this error.
Yes, i set a driver for MS Office 2003 Sp 1. But i use another
version too. Version is MS office 2003 sp3. In Sp3 version, there is
no printer and drivers.
I doubt about a trojan or macro. But i didn't use any macro.

Terry Farrell yazm?s,:
Run Detect and Repair from the Help Menu.

Have you set one of the printer drivers as Windows Default? Does
Word see it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

I'm out of ideas with this problem. I've certaily not seen it reported
previously. I can only recommend that you call Microsoft and log this as a
fault.

Terry