Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
G-dub G-dub is offline

Default Microsoft Word 2000 Premium

When creating a document using word, I save the document and when I reopen
the document it has the following at the foot of each page on each document I
save. How do I get rid of it?

Normal
Normal
Default Paragraph Font
Body Text
Body Text
Header
Header
Footer
Footer
Greg
Greg
C:\Documents and Settings\Greg.GREG-TR53PKANWW\Application
Data\Microsoft\Word\AutoRecovery save of EDUC 589 research proposal.asd
C:\Documents and Settings\Greg.GREG-TR53PKANWW\Application
Data\Microsoft\Word\AutoRecovery save of EDUC 589 research proposal.asd
Greg WebsterkC:\Documents and Settings\Greg.GREG-TR53PKANWW\My Documents\The
Effect of No Child Left Behind Mandates.docÿ䀀老
Unknownÿ!
Times New Roman
Times New Roman
Symbol
Symbol
+The Effect of No Child Left Behind Mandates
+The Effect of No Child Left Behind Mandates
Greg
Greg
Greg
Greg
The Effect of No Child Left Behind Mandates
Greg
Normal
Greg
Microsoft Word 9.0
The Effect of No Child Left Behind Mandates
Root Entry
1Table
1Table
WordDocument
WordDocument
SummaryInformation
SummaryInformation
DocumentSummaryInformation
DocumentSummaryInformation
CompObj
CompObj
ObjectPool
ObjectPool
Microsoft Word Document
MSWordDoc
Word.Document.8

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It sounds like you're opening the files with "Recover text from any file"
turned on. Choose File - Open, and set Files of type to something other than
Recover (such as All Word Documents).

In earlier versions of Word, type would get stuck on Recover. This was fixed
[at least] in Word 2003 and later. I'm not sure if it was fixed in Word
2002.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com