Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grae Grae is offline

Default BACKSPACE key suddenly stopped deleting highlight text. Huh?

Is this normal? I mean, I usually hit the DELETE key anyway...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Tools | Options | Edit: Typing replaces selection. Word considers
backspacing "typing."

http://word.mvps.org

"grae" wrote in message
Is this normal? I mean, I usually hit the DELETE key anyway...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2007, click on Office Button | Word Options | Advanced |
check the "Typing replaces selected text" box | OK.

In Word 2003 or earlier, click on Tools | Options | Edit tab |
check the "Typing replaces selection" box | OK.