Ron Silvers

Default Can I autocorrect text with new text with different font sizes?

My company prefers the "LLP" after its name to be 3 points smaller than the
name itself. Is there any way to set up autocorrect to do this? Or is there
any other relatively simple way to achieve this?
Aurora

Off the top of my head I can think of two ways to do this.
Make a macro of your Company name just as you want it.
Put the macro on your toolbar. Then all you have to do is
to click on the macro button and the company name will
appear just as you created it.

You can also make an autotext for the Company name just as
you want it. Assign it to the first few letter of your
Company name and then whenever you begin to type the
letters the whole name will appear for you to accept just
like date does when you start to write out the date.

I hope this helps.
Aurora

My company prefers the "LLP" after its name to be 3

points smaller than the
name itself. Is there any way to set up autocorrect to do

this? Or is there
any other relatively simple way to achieve this?
.

Jay Freedman

Ron Silvers wrote:
My company prefers the "LLP" after its name to be 3 points smaller
than the name itself. Is there any way to set up autocorrect to do
this? Or is there any other relatively simple way to achieve this?

Hi Ron,

Sort of... You can create an AutoCorrect entry in a particular mix of
sizes -- say, 12 pt for the name and 9 pt for the LLP -- and you can create
several entries of different sizes, for example another one in 14 and 11,
and a third one in 16 and 13. Also, each one would be in a particular font
(or mix of fonts); they wouldn't adapt to different regular text fonts.

What you can't do in an AutoCorrect is say, "whatever size and font the
regular text is, make the LLP smaller by 3 pt". You *could* do something
like that with a macro, but then you wouldn't have the automatic
triggering -- you'd have to use a keyboard shortcut or a toolbar button.

To make the AutoCorrect entry, type the name and LLP in the font(s) and
sizes you want. Highlight the whole thing and go to the AutoCorrect dialog.
Click the "Formatted text" option button just above the entry, which will
change to show you the formatting. Type in a name for the entry in the
Replace box and click the Add button. If you're making several different
sizes, I'd suggest making the size part of the entry name -- for example,
xyz12 for 12 pt, xyz14 for 14 pt, and so on.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Type the LLP in lowercase letters and format them as Small Caps. This is
most likely the look your company is going for. Small caps are a traditional
treatment for acronyms and abbreviations, and this formatting is frequently
found in UK publications and some of the tonier US ones.