PsyGuy

Default insert "Section Break-Next Page" but get "Section Break (Odd Page.

Letely I have been having difficulty with inserted section breaks. At some
point I insert a section break (typically "next page"), but the document
shows "Section Break (Odd Page)" or "(Even Page)". This throws of page
numbering and other formatting, resulting in a disjointed looking document.

Sometimes Word is doing this to oblige the printer driver (to keep the
printer from having to print landscape on the back of portrait or vice
versa). You can often override it by changing the section start type (Layout
tab of Page Setup), but you won't have much luck if you restart numbering at
1 and have selected either
"Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even," either of which will convince
Word you are duplexing. Word is smart enough to know that 1 is a recto page,
so it will convert a "Next page" break to "Odd page."

"PsyGuy" wrote in message
Letely I have been having difficulty with inserted section breaks. At

some
point I insert a section break (typically "next page"), but the document
shows "Section Break (Odd Page)" or "(Even Page)". This throws of page
numbering and other formatting, resulting in a disjointed looking

document.

Luanne Jorewicz

We have a workaround for this problem that may help, though it seems silly to
have to do it this way: Put your cursor BEFORE the bad section break; insert
ONE section break of the type you want (next page, odd page, etc.); move the
cursor to AFTER the bad section break; insert TWO MORE new section breaks of
the type you want. Now go back and, with your mouse or arrows, select all
the section breaks except the LAST one (this seems to buffer the bad section
break and its faulty programming), and delete them. You should only have one
section break left, one that wasn't next to the bad one, and it should be
using the correct coding.