Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mihail

Default MHT files.

I applogize if I post in a wrong news group. I would like to get some
info about .mht files structres most likely how the non printing characters
in Word are stored in the .mht files. Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Mihail,

MHT files are sort of the MS Internet Explorer browser version of a zip file.
Usually an HTM file has only plain text coding and any content that is displayed in the browser such as a graphic is done so by a
link in the HTM file to the location of the picture. In an MHT file that linked content is stored and shipped along with the HTM
data so that it's self contained.

Whether you're using an HTM or an MHT file, if you're using File=Save as Web Page from Word all of the content that would be in a
..doc file is saved by Word, and will be brought back from the HTM file set or the MHT when you reopen that in Word, but web browsers
can't use all of what Word shows, so they're stored away but not presented in the browser.

========

--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mihail

Thanks Bob!
So basically they are MIME format, right? I am trying to read them
(stream them into a string) and I am having hard time finding a way to parse
them. Any ideas?

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...

"mihail" wrote in message
I applogize if I post in a wrong news group. I would like to get some
info about .mht files structres most likely how the non printing
characters
in Word are stored in the .mht files. Thanks.

--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

How do I open multiple Word 2003 files to display on dual monitors mally Microsoft Word Help 6 July 4th 05 11:00 AM
How do I convert MS Word Office 2000 files to PDF files? alfa Microsoft Word Help 4 June 21st 05 08:33 AM
Upgrading MS Office caused Word Docs to DISAPPEAR?! Friendship Center New Users 6 January 27th 05 10:56 PM
Duplicate Files John Flatley New Users 1 December 22nd 04 09:17 AM
RECOVER Temp FILES from CD-RW Kimla Microsoft Word Help 0 December 6th 04 03:59 PM