Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Word problems

Default Multiple Headers with the same footer

Hello all,
I have an 8 page document laid out as follows:
Pg 1 - Cover Page
pg2 - Table Of Contents
pg3-4 - Topic 1
pg5-6 - Topic 2
pg7-8 - Topic 3

I do not want a header on pages 1 and 2. I want a header on pages 3-4 and I
want a different header on pages 5-6 and I want yet different header for
pages 7-8.

Having said that I want to have the same footer (pg ? of ?) on pages 3-8.

I have tried to to assign each page it's own header by using the "This Point
Foward" option in the page setup - layout tab. This did not work as it
changes the header on all pages.

Any help you can offer would be great. Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Laura J.

You will need to create sections. Each section can have its own set of
headers and footers.

Page 1 - 2 would be one section - insert a Section Break at the end of the
info on page 2.

Page 3-4 would be a section - and you'd set up your header on page 3 and it
would flow through to page 4. You'd then insert a Section Break at the end
of text on Page 4.

Same for 5-6 - insert Section Break at the end of page 6. You would build
your header/footer on page 5.

Same for 7-8.

Section Breaks are found under Insert Break Section.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Laura

"Word problems" Word wrote in message
Hello all,
I have an 8 page document laid out as follows:
Pg 1 - Cover Page
pg2 - Table Of Contents
pg3-4 - Topic 1
pg5-6 - Topic 2
pg7-8 - Topic 3

I do not want a header on pages 1 and 2. I want a header on pages 3-4 and
want a different header on pages 5-6 and I want yet different header for
pages 7-8.

Having said that I want to have the same footer (pg ? of ?) on pages 3-8.

I have tried to to assign each page it's own header by using the "This
Point
Foward" option in the page setup - layout tab. This did not work as it
changes the header on all pages.

Any help you can offer would be great. Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

See http://addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm.
You have inserted numerous (probably too many) section breaks already. You
need to disconnect the headers footers in your later parts from those at the
beginning.

Alternatively, you can do it without section breaks using conditional
headers and footers (which header shows up depends on what the page number
is). Take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...eNumbering.htm. For even more,
see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Word problems" Word wrote in message
Hello all,
I have an 8 page document laid out as follows:
Pg 1 - Cover Page
pg2 - Table Of Contents
pg3-4 - Topic 1
pg5-6 - Topic 2
pg7-8 - Topic 3

I do not want a header on pages 1 and 2. I want a header on pages 3-4 and
want a different header on pages 5-6 and I want yet different header for
pages 7-8.

Having said that I want to have the same footer (pg ? of ?) on pages 3-8.

I have tried to to assign each page it's own header by using the "This
Point
Foward" option in the page setup - layout tab. This did not work as it
changes the header on all pages.

Any help you can offer would be great. Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

At minimum, Next Page. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm for more.