Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Liz Liz is offline

Default How transcribe scanned hand-written doc into Word 2003?

What do I need to buy or do to be able to take a hand-written document and
transcribe it into a Work doc?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

You need a computer with a keyboard.

"liz" wrote in message
What do I need to buy or do to be able to take a hand-written document and
transcribe it into a Work doc?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Liz, don't assume Jezebel is just being flippant -- that advice is
correct.

If you have a clean, machine-printed document, you can scan it and run
the resulting picture through optical character recognition software.
That software relies on the letters having uniform shapes that it can
compare to an internal description.

Very few people can hand-print letters with enough consistency to let
OCR software recognize the characters reliably. Cursive handwriting is
nearly impossible for the software. It would take you longer to
correct the mistakes in a scan than to type the document yourself.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman