adam

Default japanese phonetic guide

I understand how to use the phonetic guide to put okurigana over kanji in
word XP. It is nice and automatic. Here is the question:
Why is it not automatic in the mac version word 2004????
In the windows version I can select whole paragraphs, and automatically put
okurigana on everything. On the mac version I must manually enter the
oukrigana for each word. It's insane!! Does anyone know about this? am I
doing somethng wrong? Are they going to fix the issue anytime soon?
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Have you considered posting this in the Word for Mac or Office for Mac
groups?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"adam" wrote in message
I understand how to use the phonetic guide to put okurigana over kanji in
word XP. It is nice and automatic. Here is the question:
Why is it not automatic in the mac version word 2004????
In the windows version I can select whole paragraphs, and automatically
put
okurigana on everything. On the mac version I must manually enter the
oukrigana for each word. It's insane!! Does anyone know about this? am I
doing somethng wrong? Are they going to fix the issue anytime soon?

adam

yes I have done so, but have not yet gotten any feedback. I was hoping that
this discussion group was for both windows and mac versions since it doesn't
specify only windows

"adam" wrote in message
I understand how to use the phonetic guide to put okurigana over kanji in
word XP. It is nice and automatic. Here is the question:
Why is it not automatic in the mac version word 2004????
In the windows version I can select whole paragraphs, and automatically
put
okurigana on everything. On the mac version I must manually enter the
oukrigana for each word. It's insane!! Does anyone know about this? am I
doing somethng wrong? Are they going to fix the issue anytime soon?

Daiya Mitchell

It's for windows and Mac questions only when the Mac experience is not
different from the windows experience. Very few Mac users here.

You've been redirected to microsoft.public.word.international.features at
the Mac group. Actually, I think it was cross-posted, so your post should
already be there, and you do *not* need to repost it, any replies will show
up on both the Mac group and the international features newsgroup.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...ault.aspx?dg=m
icrosoft.public.word.international.features&cat=en _us_cfd981ac-600f-47fe-819
b-fad842f7cf1b&lang=en&cr=us

I personally think you would be best off looking for a community of Japanese
language Mac users, but the MS newsgroup that pretends to be that seems to
have nothing in it.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro....jp.office.mac

You might start with Apple's Japan site, or google. There's gotta be a
site/forum out there somewhere.

"adam" wrote in message
I understand how to use the phonetic guide to put okurigana over kanji in
word XP. It is nice and automatic. Here is the question:
Why is it not automatic in the mac version word 2004????
In the windows version I can select whole paragraphs, and automatically
put
okurigana on everything. On the mac version I must manually enter the
oukrigana for each word. It's insane!! Does anyone know about this? am I
doing somethng wrong? Are they going to fix the issue anytime soon?

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/