Sammy

Default How do I change default settings in Table Properties?

I would like to change the default setting "Allow row to break across pages"
in the Microsoft Word "Table Properties." The box is always checked and I
would like to uncheck this box and make this the default.

I could not find a way to do this is Office 2000 and I now have Office 2003
and I a still having the same problem.
Jean-Guy Marcil

Sammy was telling us:
Sammy nous racontait que :

I would like to change the default setting "Allow row to break across
pages" in the Microsoft Word "Table Properties." The box is always
checked and I would like to uncheck this box and make this the
default.

I could not find a way to do this is Office 2000 and I now have
Office 2003 and I a still having the same problem.

In Word 2003 (or XP), go to Table Table AutoFormat... and select Table
Grid.
Click on Modify...
In Format, choose Table Properties.
In the Row tab, uncheck "Allow row to break across pages"
Click OK.
Click OK.
Click on Default... and choose "All documents based on Normal.dot".
When closing Word, if there is a pop up asking if you want to save the
changes to Normal.dot, choose Yes.

Note that you can do this with any Table style and set that style as your
default. Be aware that from now on, this setting might even affect tables
you paste in your documents based on Normal.dot. Also, you cannot do that
with the table style called Table Normal because it cannot be modified
(Table Normal is more like a non-style. Choose that if you want your tables
to behaves like they did in Word 97, for example, when table styles did not
exist.)

--
Salut!