Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
COGirl

Default Spelling and grammar options are grayed out - not accessible

The ToolsOptionsSpelling & Grammar tab is not accessible. What option do I
need to change in order to activate spell checking in my word documents?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RajKohli

Ok! I've checked it out and comes with an accurate solution. You've not
installed Proofing Tools - under Office Shared Features. You need them for
Spelling and Grammer. Insert the Office Cd and use Add/Remove Office feature.

Hope this help, let us know!

"COGirl" wrote:

The ToolsOptionsSpelling & Grammar tab is not accessible. What option do I
need to change in order to activate spell checking in my word documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
COGirl

Thank you so much - however I think I have bigger problems ... when I went to
run setup from my Office CD and when I went to add/remove programs to change
the setting I get a message stating that "The installation source for this
product is not available".

"COGirl" wrote:

The ToolsOptionsSpelling & Grammar tab is not accessible. What option do I
need to change in order to activate spell checking in my word documents?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
COGirl

Should have done my homework before I responded! I found another post that
helped me uninstall components so I could perform a reinstall. Thank you
again!